Sargam on flute can be learnt by viewing and playing the flute according to steps mentioned in the figure. Lower Sa is played all holes closed blow wind slow. Re is played one hole open. Similarly Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni is played by 2,3,4,5 and 6 holes open respectively. Higher Sa is played all holes closed by blowing speed wind by mouth. Practicing Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni Sa. Sa, Ni, Dha, Pa, Ma, Ga, Re, Sa makes one enjoying flute.
![]() |
| sargam playing on flute |

Hi, it is very informative. thanks for this. As you showed i learned playing flute as mentioned above. It will be helpful if you could post how to play Re (Komal), Ga (Komal), Ma, Pa, Dha (Komal), Ni (Komal)etc..
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThanks for your comment. Re Komal is played half Re open similarly Ga Dha Ni komal is also played half note open. I shall try to upload a video for this.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for your reply sir. I dont have any knowledge about music. While coming south korea I bought two flutes one is 7 holes and other is 9 holes in India. I got your notes and start practicing. I can play Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni in 7 holes flute and i am comfortable in this flute rather than 9 holes one. I will start practising half notes one.
ReplyDeleteThanks for yr comment. Any one can learn music. First of all you have to learn the basics then advancements. Start learning Sa Re Ga Ma... then learn how to play komal swars half hole open. Start playing some small pieces. As Twinkle Twinkle little Star. You can find notations of the song in my blog's Guitar page. I have created one page Notations of song. you may see this page also. And if you have any other requirement you can mail me.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy music!
Thank you so much
ReplyDeleteHow to play " Higher SA" after playing "NI"
ReplyDeleteHello shreya, As I have written in the text higher Sa is played all holes closes as while playing lower Sa but one should blow wind in speed so that higher Sa is played. if one do not blow wind in speed for playing higher Sa higher Re higher Ga or ma then lower Sa Re Ga Ma will be heard. Try this and tell me if you succeed.
ReplyDeleteok thankyou
ReplyDeleteQuite helpful but it will help to know if there is any problem regarding a girl playing flute
ReplyDeleteHello Shiny, Girls are doing well in every fields of life specially in music. There are few girls learning flute. In foreign countries many girls are playing flute. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lady+playing+flute&oq=lady+playing+flute&gs_l=youtube.3..0.58055.64384.0.65532.20.12.0.8.8.0.210.1594.2j9j1.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.2kCVtdPK28o
ReplyDeleteIt is said that it is difficult instrument but it is not so. With some techniques it is easily played by boys and girls. it is handy can be carried any where and played. If you have decided in your mind firmly than you can learn very quickly and easily. Best wishes. Keep on learning.
Hai. I feel this is good. I have a question. My flute has 8 holes. So how to play that flute? Plz help
ReplyDeletesir I am abeggner in flute. I studed Mohanam. Shivaranjini etc. Wii you please sent me the flute notes of the song "mere nayana savana " (I dont know western style so pl. Indian style.)
ReplyDeleteCould anyone post notes for "Ek pyar ka nagma hai " Movie Shor 1972
ReplyDeleteHello Vinod ji, I have purchased your book "Mukesh ke 51 Geeton Ki Sargam" I would like to get sargam of the song "Kisi Raah Me, Kisi Mod Par Kahin Chal Na De Na Tu Chhod kar"
ReplyDeleteThanks for purchasing Mukesh Book, Kindly Purchase Lata ke 51 geeton ki sargam book for that song Kisi raah me kisi mod pe and more 50 songs.
Delete